2014年5月13日火曜日

AlfrescoCommunity 4.2.fをWindowsServer2012にインストールする際のトラブル2点とその対処方法

How to deal with two issues in case of installing AlfrescoCommunity 4.2.f onto WindowsServer2012

Alfrescoは非常に優秀なECM製品だが、何にも増してすばらしいのは、オープンソース版が出ていることだ。2014年5月12日時点での最新版は、「AlfrescoCommunity 4.2.f」というバージョンになっている。

Alfresco is a very excellent ECM product, what's more, open source version is available as well. The latest version is "AlfrescoCommunity 4.2.f" as of May 12, 2014.

さて、Windows Server 2012のマシンが手に入ったので、好き放題実験する環境を作るため、これにAlfrescoCommunity 4.2.fをインストラーでインストールしてみた。が、Tomcatが動作しない。

Now, getting a brand new machine of Windows Server 2012 , I tried to install AlfrescoCommunity 4.2.f with the installer, but Tomcat did not work.

調べてみると同様のトラブルいくつか報告されている。ログを見ると確かに「Starting service...」、「Failed creating java」、「ServiceStart returned 1」となっていて、同じエラーである。JRE(Java Runtime Engine)がうまく認識されていないのだろう。Alfrescoのオールインワンインストーラでは、Javaも一緒に入るのだが、自分はJavaは詳しくないので、クラスパスの指定か何かがおかしいのだろうという推測しかできない。

I found out the same errors reported. The tomcat log includes the same messages such as "Starting service...", "Failed creating java" and "ServiceStart returned 1". JRE might not be properly recognized. The Alfresco installer installs Java as well, however, I just guess that there is something wrong with the classpath setting or something else, for I am not quite familiar with Java.

しかし、世の中よくできたものである。Googleサマサマである。フランス語の質問で始まるスレッドを見つけた。最後に「jdk-7u55」を入れたらうまく行ったと書いてある。メカニズムはよくわからないが、その手順に従ったらTomcatは無事動くようになった。すばらしい!

But the world is great thanks to Google search. I found a thread starting with a question written in French. At the end of the thread, installing "jdk-7u55" clears the trouble. I followed the instruction and Tomcat started to properly work. Excellent!

さて、次の課題である。adminでShareにログインしてみると、本来なら表示されるはずのメニュー類諸々が出ずに空白のスペースになっている。これでは何もできない。


Here comes a next issue. After login with the admin account, there was only white space area, that supposed to show the menu bar offering links various functions Alfresco.

しかし、世の中よくできたものである。たぶん、日本でAlfrescoに一番詳しいイージフさんのブログに、この課題を解決するための記事があった。この記事に従い、コマンドプロンプト画面から「/bin/tomcat7w.exe //ES//AlfrescoTomcat 」を実行して、以下の画面を出し、指示通り「-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8」を追加。そして、Alfrescoを再起動すると見慣れたメニューが表示されるようになった。非常にすばらしい!


But the world is great again. I found an article by "aegif", which I think is the most professional company about Alfresco in Japan. I followed the instruction, which is to add a parameter "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" in "Java Options:" field after executing "/bin/tomcat7w.exe //ES//AlfrescoTomcat" at a command prompt windows. Finally, after restarting Alfresco service, everything was perfect. So excellent!

問題を徹底的に突き詰めるべしという意見もあるだろうが、使えればいいという観点であれば、これで充分であるということでお許し願いたい。あと、イージフさんのブログから画像をお借りしたことは、イージフさん、お許し願いたい(同様のことで困っているかもしれない世界の方に向けて英語併記した背景ありということで)。

Someone demands that I have to check all the mechanism out, however, from the point of view of pragmatism, this might be enough. In addition, please allow me to use the image used in the article by the company "aegif".